The Crow River Habitat for Humanity, Inc is seeking an Independent Contractor to serve as our organization’s Grant Writer. The grant writer will work independently to draft and submit large grant requests to support the mission of Crow River Habitat: “building homes, hope and community for our low-income neighbors throughout McLeod County.”
About Crow River Habitat for Humanity
Crow River Habitat for Humanity is part of a global, nonprofit housing organization operated on Christian principles that seeks to put God’s love into action by building homes, communities and hope. Crow River Habitat for Humanity is dedicated to eliminating substandard housing locally and worldwide through constructing, rehabilitating and preserving homes; by advocating for fair and just housing policies; and by providing training and access to resources to help families improve their shelter conditions. Habitat for Humanity was founded on the conviction that every man, woman and child should have a simple, durable place to live in dignity and safety, and that decent shelter in decent communities should be a matter of conscience and action for all.
The Grant Writer will be paid $75/hour for their work, up to $750/month. When the Grant Writer sends an invoice for payment at the end of each month, they will a summary of their work and any grant applications that are being drafted.
Expectations of a Grant Writer
- Preparation of proposals, grant applications and contracts in the areas of new programs and services or support of ongoing programs and services.
- Stay up-to-date on grant opportunities and deadlines that relate to affordable housing or home repair for low-income individuals, seniors and veterans.
- Assist the Executive Director with investigating grant applications for federal, state and private grant opportunities.
- Establishes standards and deadlines for grant proposals, narrative development for grant proposals, reviews grant proposal for completeness and ensures compliance with organizational standards.
- Submit a quarterly report for review to the Board of Directors. Each quarter, the Board will review the work of the Grant Writer and vote to extend or cancel the contract between “Grant Writer” and the Crow River Habitat for Humanity, Inc.
Preferred Previous Experience
- History of writing successful grant proposals for $10,000 or more
- Some knowledge of the mission of Habitat for Humanity
- Some knowledge of state-wide or national foundations that support affordable housing or serving low-income families
- Some previous experience of working in affordable housing or home repair
How to Apply
Submit a resume and sample of your writing to Bayley Schluter at the Crow River Habitat for Humanity: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to 1020 Hwy 7 West, Hutchinson, MN 55350.
Applications will be accepted until Friday, June 9th